Thursday 12 June 2014

Teen Pop Songs of 00s that will Kickstart your nostalgia

So yesterday I turned on a random radio channel and no one cannot guess what song I heard? "Come Clean"by Hillary Duff. OMG! It was just so overwhelming, I mean hearing Lizzie Mcguire again after so many, I drowned in my nostalgic waves. Then I went on youtube and listened every childhood song I could remember you know Jojo, michelle branch, Ashley Tisdale. So if disney, nickelodean were your first fandom or even if you're just a chick flick lover like me, I reckon you must check out this playlist. Trust me you'll be brimming with nostalgia.
Get your feels up girls or guys?
Well so this is my playlist.

1. Liz Phair- Why can't I
2. Michelle Branch- Everywhere
3. Michelle Branch- Are you happy now
4. Myra- Miracles Happen ( this is a new addition but belongs to the same genre)
5. Jojo- Leave (get out)
6. Jojo- Little too late
7. Aly and Aj- Rush (remember twiches?)
8. Aly and Aj - Walking on Sunshine ( remember herbie?)
9. Mandy Moore - We're Dancing
10. Jonas bothers, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato- Send it on
11. Vanessa Hudgens-Say OK
12. Selena Gomez - Tell me Something I don't know
13. Shontelle- Impossible
14. Christina Aguilera- Genie in a bottle
15. Brittany Spears - Stronger
16. Brittany Spears - Not a girl, not yet a woman ( PS these both songs are featured in movie "Crossroads", starring Brittany Spears herself. Its a very cute movie about growing up, love and friendship, you should watch it sometime.)
17. Vanessa Carlton - Thousand Miles
18. P!nk-  If god is a DJ
19. Rihanna - Take a bow
20. Destiny child- independent woman

Little familier? I memorized almost every song mentioned here. Indeed my music prefrences changed over time and these songs just became mere memories. I don't remember if still have my lyric notebook with me or Hannah Montana music CDs, but as I mentioned before Iam drowning in nostagia feels.

I don't turn red when someone asks what were my favorite childhood songs, because your childhood needs to cherished and not be something to be ashamed of.
Alright, I agree Miley Cyrus has turned into an uber bitch now, but I cannot ignore Hannah Montana and everything.
Don't like contemprory pop? Then don up your headphones and listen to your favorite childhood songs , no matter if its pop,  metal or rock. Just remember no one can influence you or your thoughts, you are one peice of art and only you can change your colours.

If you have some childhood stories or you want to add something to this playlist, just comment below.

Please review.

No comments:

Post a Comment